M.2 stands for Next Generation Form Factor which is invented for PCI-SIG by Intel and it is developed for flat and high-efficiency equipment such as Ultrabook™ or Tablet PCs. It is a natural transition from the Mini Card and Half Mini Card to a smaller form factor in both size and volume which supports multiple function add-in cards/modules including: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, global navigation satellite systems, near field communication, Hybrid digital radio, wireless gigabit alliance (WiGig), wireless wide area network and solid-state storage devices. Also adds functionality to USB 3.0, display Port, SDIO and SSD-PCIe
The P11S-P11F adapter is designed for desktop/Laptop PCs that convert Duo PCI-E cards.
You can insert two PCI-E cards to this adapter .
Note: Second PCIe Slot (J2) is compliant with M.2 Specification.
Because do not have any system in the market yet so cannot tested.
- USB M.2 Card to mPCIe adapter.
- M.2 Specification Revision 0.9
- Universal Serial Bus Specification Revision 2.0
- Support 2230/2242 M.2 Card dimension.
- Support M.2 Socket SSIC-based WWAN Module.
- Support M.2 Key B Card Type.
- Allows user to use M.2 Socket SSIC-based WWAN Module to mPCIe Slot in the Desktop or Laptop.
- Supports USB interface of M.2 Cards (Socket 2 SSIC-base WWAN) such as 2G GSM, GPRS, 3G,
CDMA, WLAN,WWLAN, HSPA MODEM , GPS, 4G WiMAX, LTE, Mini Card to desktop PC.
- Support Full size and half size mPCIe slot