M.2 stands for Next Generation Form Factor which is invented for PCI-SIG by Intel and it is developed for flat and high-efficiency equipment such as Ultrabook™ or Tablet PCs. It is a natural transition from the Mini Card and Half Mini Card to a smaller form factor in both size and volume which supports multiple function add-in cards/modules including: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, global navigation satellite systems, near field communication, Hybrid digital radio, wireless gigabit alliance (WiGig), wireless wide area network and solid-state storage devices. Also adds functionality to USB 3.0, display Port, SDIO and SSD-PCIe
- M.2 Specification Revision 0.9
- Universal Serial Bus Specification Revision 2.0
- Support type 2230 M.2 Card dimension.
- Support M.2 Key B Card Type.
- SATA external power: Standard 15 PIN (5V requirement)
- Allows use USB 3.0 device to type 2242 Key B M.2 type slot in the Desktop or Laptop.
- Design the FFC (Flat Flexible Cable) cable for flexible use.